Thursday, March 7, 2013

Image from Le Love


                               I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.

    There has been a Format sized hole in my heart lately as I let one of the bands most influential to my life go unplayed for a while. Re- listening to this song feels like skipping to the end and realizing it was always going to be ok. It feels like full hearts and true friends and warm summer nights driving through the desert with the windows down. It feels the way I always did when I was single and I was spilling over with all the sweet pain of having so much love and no one to share it with, sure that the lonelieness would last forever and yet equally sure that there would be a happy ending. It feels like realizing what you knew all along, that feeling something messy and complicated is better than feeling nothing at all. That giving up on what you thought you were is how you find yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment